Summary for podcast guests
Our target listener is the parent of an 11 year old swimmer. The aim is to motivate this parent to get more involved in swimming – maybe joining the club committee, helping to run events, or become an official.
We share information, ideas and inspiration for parents, volunteers, administrators and officials.
The host, Ben Ramsden, is an active swimming volunteer who also has swimming related commercial clients. His ambition for the podcast is to foster a collaboration and innovation community within swimming.
We are currently recording episodes in preparation for launch on Saturday 21st April at Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre.
The podcast is an audio recording made available to listeners via their smart phone or direct from this website. Interviews are conducted face to face or via Skype and are edited prior to release.
What to expect
Allow 45-60 mins for the interview appointment, of which about half will be spent recording. Ben will brief you about the subjects ahead of the interview. Best results are usually achieved with limited or no preparation and instinctive answers. It’s a very relaxed conversation, and anything that doesn’t come out right can be removed prior to release.
How to listen
Smartphone users can tune in via iTunes or Stitcher (Android). Visitors to this website will also be able to listen direct.
- Organising swim camps with Liz Booth
- Social media in swim clubs with Amanda Vance
- Choosing a coach for your swimmer with Chris Curran
- Swimming NSW with Mark Heathcote
- Swimming Technical Officials with Peter Shell
- Creating a great swim club culture with Fiona de Salis
- Organising swim meets with Dennis Gorrick
- Working in swimming with Josh Karp
- The art of asking swimming parents to help with Jo Cox