These are my personal notes of my Refereeing from the night. I am making them publicly available here in case it helps anyone.
My officiating objectives
- It feels like a while since I’ve been a Referee, so I’m keen to keep my standards up.
- Trainee Starter will need some assistance. Want it to be a positive experience.
- Club nights can get a little chaotic – need to keep my cool, breathe and smile 🙂
- Ouch – wow I’m out of practice! Despite preparation was not properly ‘in the zone’. Routines weren’t there, a few ‘schoolboy errors’.
- Feedback to Starter a bit brusk.
- Strong facial expressions when witness an infraction – need to stop doing that.
- Slightly rusty on wording the infractions correctly to Coaches.