Ben Ramsden (VK2GHZ) has a few projects in the pipeline and is looking for skilled and motivated support.
Ideal skills and experience
- Breadboarding / prototyping hardware / software solutions.
- Mixture of web based and practical research.
- Knows what’s out there. Leading edge thinker.
- Innovation to achieve an outcome at a price.
- Budget estimating: time, hardware, skills.
- Hungry to deliver customer goals.
- Finds a way, takes initiative, solves problems.
- Swimming timing system to replace traditional electro-mechanical touch pads. Technology options include wet touch screens, cameras, LIDAR.
- Swimming stroke monitoring system to replace poolside humans in a COVID world. Likely to use camera technology, with mounting hardware directly over the pool, video distribution offsite, display and playback. Automated image interpretation a bonus!
- Sport mini scoreboard / display board solution based on plasma TVs with HDMI input, potentially connected wirelessly to mobile phone driver.
- ID validation solution based on a mobile phone camera capture, API linked image recognition, and database storage.
- AI / data algorithm processing black box for small and simple data sets based on modern off-the-shelf cloud based components.
- Work from home autonomously.
- Communicate via Zoom / phone / email / Basecamp / Trello.
- Team player.
- Small packages of work charged by the hour.
- Contracting arrangement (not an employment contract) with Ben’s company Mensard. Contractor pays own insurance, super, etc.
- NSW Working with Children clearance if required to test at a local swim meet.
Please give Ben a call on 0406 401 180 to discuss motivation, skills, experience, availability and rate.
Note Ben is currently talking to various potential partners and customers (domestic and overseas). These projects may not go ahead, or in a different form.