These are my personal notes of my Refereeing from the night. I am making them publicly available here in case it helps anyone.
My personal officiating objectives
- Improve my Refereeing from Abbotsleigh last week!
- Deliver a great experience to Ravenswood in a new environment for me (I’ve never officiated there before).
- Be flexible and deal with the local setup without becoming officious, and whilst upholding the rules.
- Much better than last week, despite the unfamiliar environment and format.
- Considering the situation (no program, multiple events happening in parallel, several coaches, rudimentary Recording) it was managed OK.
- Still making facial expressions when infraction witnessed.
- Better with quoting rules to Coaches, but not perfect.
- Whistling – possibly too loud for the venue? Ran out of puff on a couple of BK starts.
- Positioning – remember to stand well back at the start to watch all lanes equally. Improve posture – stand straight.
- Reasonably good notes despite lack of program.