- Webinar overview and replay is here.
- Publicised via Facebook groups, Swim.Rocks & Abbotsleigh Swim Club mailing lists, and an email blast to officials I know. Started a week in advance and did a couple of smaller follow ups prior.
- 24 registered, 11 attended (46%). 2 non-attendees later apologised for being unable to attend for personal reasons. Difficult to know why others did not attend.
- Registrations came from: Abbotsleigh (2), Albion Park, Aquatots Canberra, Barker, Burley Griffin, Bush School LTS, Canberra (3), CASC, Charlestown, Ginninderra (3), Goulburn (2), Loreto Normanhurst, Nuswim Newcastle, Queanbeyan, QT, SAL TSC, SNSW (2). About half were from ACT Area (where the local coordinator forwarded the information to their mailing list).
- Of those who attended and voted, 60% were ‘committed to officiating and want to know how to start’, 40% were ‘an existing official / administrator / coach’, 0% were ‘curious but uncommitted’.
- No questions were asked during the webinar. One submitted in advance was “I am stepping up as starter this year, I have zero experience. Where do I start?”. Subsequent follow up with this person has linked them to the local coordinator. They are “only interested in doing at club level”.
- Webinar started 20:30hrs and finished 20:55. 7 attendees were there from the start, rest joined at 20:34, 20:35, 20:36, 20:49 respectively. All stayed until the end.
- Straight afterwards one of the attendees completed the online Timekeeping course, and another later registered for the Starter course.
Post-event anonymous survey responses (4)
Would you recommend this webinar to others?
- Yes x 4 = 100%
What will you now do as a result of this webinar?
I have done the online course for timekeeping. I will volunteer at next meet my child attends.
Raised my awareness about best pathway to become an official if I am asked or am in a position to encourage people to become officials.
Go online and start the course
Is there anything else that you would like to tell us
The webinar was a great, quick and simple introduction. Thank you
Really good Ben. Perhaps spend more time at the beginning to explain how to communicate with you etc
- Several hours work turned into 24 registrations, 11 participants and 2 activations. Worth trying, although from my club nobody attended. Repeating the event would be much easier.
- Best for people who are already mentally committed and want help to get started.
- Distance is not a barrier. Webinar format works, at least for some.
- Consider repeating, with more coordinated publicity and follow up.